Discover why fire departments across the United States and Canada prefer to decontaminate with Action Wipes over any other wipe on the market for firefighter protection. Action Wipes are the only First Responder wipe to be EWG VERIFIED™
Please contact us for more information about our special purchasing program for Fire Departments and free samples.
The Firefighter Cancer Support Network (FCSN) recommended the use of “wipes” in 2013 as part of a firefighter’s decontamination protocol. Unlike other wipe companies that have appeared on the market to take advantage of this need, Life Elements has been producing body wipes in the USA since 2006. From the start, we have been advocates of safe and pure ingredients, transparent on our manufacturing practices and complete ingredients list. Our proprietary formula has been proven effective around the world in survival, athletic and military situations long before many of these newer brands rushed into the market. Our company philosophy to create the best and safest body wipe on the market has never wavered and we will never compromise on anything less than the best ingredients and full transparency in our processes and ethics. (Disclosure)
Firefighter 12-step Decon Process
Action Wipes use safe, natural ingredients that are hypoallergenic, and are the only first responder wipe made in the USA. You can compare ingredients of other wipes including Enspire, Fire Wipes, Rescue Wipes and Responder Wipes by clicking here.
Below we list the steps firefighters and fire investigators can take to decontaminate using Action Wipes to help reduce their risk of cancer while on structural fire scenes or view the video here. Please contact us for a printable version of these steps.
1. Remove Action Wipes from packet and fully open to take advantage of the whole wipe. If both sides of the wipe become soiled during the process, use additional wipes as needed.
2. Start with your eyelids and external corners around your eyes. Action Wipes contain no alcohol, parabens or harmful chemicals to further irritate or harm your skin.
3. Clean your lips and surrounding skin BEFORE hydrating. Use the sudsing action to pull the contaminants off your face. If you are thirsty and cannot wait to hydrate, be sure to clean your hands off before grabbing a beverage.
4. Your nose has a lot of blood vessels close to the skin that easily absorb contaminants. Clean inside and around the folds of your nose. Blow your nose on the wipe after you have completed all of the following steps.
5. Be sure to get inside and around the back of your ears. But don’t use any small or pointed objects or you can damage your eardrums!
6. Get all around your neck and make sure you get all sides as well as under your shirt collar.
7. Wipe down your hair. Use your fingers to help “comb” out any debris.
8. Use a clean side of the wipe to thoroughly clean your arms. Be sure to mop up the soot and debris and not just spread it around.
9. Clean your hands and be sure to get in-between your fingers and underneath any rings or bracelets.
10. Get as much of the debris out of your fingernails. Be sure to use a cleaning brush when you are able take a full shower.
11. Underarms and groin are dense with hair follicles and very important to clean, since they can capture and hold debris.
12. Action Wipes are safe for the entire body. Be sure to wipe down below your belt and into your groin to remove as much debris and contaminants as possible. Don't forget to blow your nose.
Dispose of any used wipes according to your organization's waste disposal protocol.
Discover why fire departments across the United States prefer Action Wipes over any other wipe on the market for firefighter protection. Please contact us for more information. We have a purchasing program for Fire Departments.