Discover why fire departments across the United States and Canada prefer to decontaminate with Action Wipes over any other wipe on the market for firefighter protection. Action Wipes are EWG VERIFIED™
Please contact us for more information about our special purchasing program for Fire Departments and free samples.
The Firefighter Cancer Support Network (FCSN) recommended the use of “wipes” in 2013 as part of a firefighter’s decontamination protocol. Unlike other wipe companies that have appeared on the market to take advantage of this need, Life Elements has been producing body wipes in the USA since 2006. From the start, we have been advocates of safe and pure ingredients. Our proprietary formula has been proven effective around the world in survival, athletic and military situations long before many of these newer brands rushed into the market. Our company philosophy to create the best and safest body wipe on the market has never wavered and we will never compromise on anything less.
Firefighter Cancer Prevention
According to the Firefighter Cancer Support Network,"Cancer has become the most dangerous threat to the health and safety of America's firefighters." Additionally, the International Agency for Research on Cancer recognizes "soot" as a Group 1 Carcinogen; meaning that it is categorized as one of the worst carcinogenic offenders.
At the March 2015 Fire Industry Equipment Research Organization Fire PPE Symposium the immediate actions firefighters can take to protect themselves from cancer was discussed. Among the first 3 actions is the use of body wipes to “remove as much soot as possible from the head, neck, jaw, throat, underarms and hands immediately while still on the scene." But be careful what you put on your body, not all wet wipes are are good for decontaminating, with many adding other types of carcinogens to the skin.
Action Wipes use safe, natural ingredients that are hypoallergenic, are made in the USA and the only body wipe that is EWG Verified™. You can Compare ingredients of other wipes including Enspire, Fire Wipes, Rescue Wipes and Responder Wipes by clicking here.
Below we list the steps firefighters and fire investigators can take to decontaminate using Action Wipes to help reduce their risk of cancer while on structural fire scenes or view the video here.
1. Remove Action Wipes from packet. Be sure to fully open to take advantage of the whole wipe. If both sides of the wipe become soiled during the process, use additional wipes as needed.
2. Start with your eyelids and external corners around your eyes. Action Wipes contain no alcohol, parabens or harmful chemicals to further irritate or harm your skin.
3. Use the sudsing action to pull the contaminants away from your skin and clean your face thoroughly.
4. Your nose has a lot of blood vessels close to the skin that easily absorb contaminants. Clean inside and around the folds of your nose. Blow your nose on the wipe after you have completed all of the following steps.
5. Be sure to get inside and around the back of your ears. But don’t use any small or pointed objects or you can damage your eardrums!
6. Get all around your neck and use both hands to make sure you get all sides and the back of your neck as well as under your shirt collar.
7. Wipe down your hair. Use your fingers to help “comb” out any debris.
8. Use a clean side of the wipe to thoroughly clean your arms. Be sure to mop up the dust and debris and not just spread it around.
9. Clean your hands and be sure to get in-between your fingers and underneath any rings or bracelets.
10. Get as much of the debris out of your fingernails. Be sure to use a cleaning brush when you are able take a full shower.
11. Underarms and groin are dense with hair follicles and very important to clean, since they can capture and hold debris.
12. Action Wipes are safe for the entire body. Be sure to wipe down below your belt and into your groin to remove as much debris and contaminants as possible. Don't forget to blow your nose.
Dispose of any used wipes according to your organization's waste disposal protocol.
Discover why fire departments across the United States prefer Action Wipes over any other wipe on the market for firefighter protection. Please contact us for more information. We have a purchasing program for Fire Departments.